Reservation Deposits, Payments, Changes and Cancellations
- A minimum deposit of $300.00 is required to confirm and hold a reservation. Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you should need to cancel your reservation, you must cancel 30 days prior to the arrival date. Credit amount will be $150.00. If the “Peace Of Mind Reservation Guarantee” was purchased at the time of making the reservation, the cancellation rules disclosed online at the time reservation was placed will apply. (See Peace Of Mind Reservation Guarantee Below.) Any changes made to the reservation prior to 30 days of arriving will be subject to a $100 change fee. This includes but is not limited to: change of dates, change of cabin and decreasing the number of days for the stay.
- Payments may be made by any major credit card, money order, certified check or personal check. However, personal checks are NOT accepted within 30 days of arrival date. Refunds will be processed via the method of payment originally received – even if your card was Lost/Stolen/Compromised. The issuing bank will need to be notified of the credit when it is issued in order to push the credit on through to your account. We do not process refunds any other way.
- Notice: All prepaid rents, fees, and deposits may or may not be held in an interest bearing account with interest accruing to the benefit of Great Cabins in the Smokies, LLC.
- Pursuant to TCA 62-13-104 (a) (3) (D) (i)
- Notice: Guests must be 21 or older to rent a 1 bedroom cabin and 25 or older to rent a 2 bedroom or larger cabin. ID must be provided at check in. Cardholder must be present at check-in and provide ID and card to front desk agent. We reserve the right to refuse service to individuals not meeting the age requirements for our cabins. We DO NOT rent to Sororities or Fraternities. If you rent a cabin and are underage, you will forfeit all monies paid. Please understand that all of our cabins are individually owned and it is our duty and responsibility to preserve and protect each owner’s home.
Guest Arrival and Departures
- Arrivals are welcome at the office beginning at 3:00 p.m. EST. All reservations must check in at the office. Please do not attempt to arrive and check in early unless prior arrangements have been made and are on file with our reservations office. For reservations made within 48 hours of arrival, check in welcome packages (including rental information, key box access code, and map to your cabin or chalet) are provided at the Great Cabins in the Smokies reservations office (Highway 321 in Wears Valley) for pick up. DUE TO PRIVACY, SECURITY AND LIABILITY REASONS, THE PHYSICAL ADDRESS OF THE CABIN IS NOT RELEASED TO ANY GUESTS UNTIL YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT HAS BEEN SIGNED AT THE OFFICE.
- Departure from the rental cabin or chalet must be completed by 10:00 a.m. EST. There will be a $45.00 charge per hour assessed for any late departure after 10:00 a.m. EST.
- Before checking out, all trash is to be placed in trash receptacles on property or at the rental office, all dirty dishes and glasses placed in the dishwasher and dishwasher started, all appliances turned off, thermostat reset and all cabin doors and windows locked.
- Use of Automated Keyless Access Code Great Cabins in the Smokies, LLC utilizes key access code lock boxes on the front door of each rental cabin and chalet. This key lock box is accessible only using a secured code provided with your reservation confirmation documents. The key access lock box has a numerical keypad and will automatically lock/unlock the door when the assigned key access code is punched in on the keypad. This security measure eliminates any opportunity for lost or misplaced keys.
Rental Property Occupancy
- Overnight occupancy of cabins is strictly limited to the registered guests and the stated maximum occupancy for each property. In the event that overnight occupancy is found to be more than the stated maximum for that property remaining rental days and the security deposit will be immediately forfeited.
- No loud house or cabin parties of any kind are permitted. If guests are found to be having a loud party or engaging in any disruptive activity in any of our properties everyone will be asked to vacate the property immediately. No refunds will be issued and all deposits will be forfeited.
Restrictions on Pets and Smoking
- All of our rental properties are designated as non-smoking and non-vaping. Smoking of any type is NOT permitted inside the premises of any rental property at any time. Violations of this policy will be immediate cause for possible termination of the rental agreement and the guest will be liable for any cost of removing smoking odors and thoroughly cleaning the home.
- Small dogs are permitted only in those rental properties that specifically identify and state that they are ‘Pet Friendly’ properties. Other than those specifically identified properties, no animals of any type (except special needs animals) are permitted inside the premises of any rental property at any time. (NO CATS, BIRDS, ETC.) For properties designated as ‘Pet Friendly’ no more than two dogs (up to 40 lbs. each) are allowed, there will be a non-refundable pet fee of $75 per rental. Dogs must be crated if left in the cabin for any length of time without supervision. Violations of this policy will be immediate cause for possible termination of the rental agreement and the guest will be liable for any cost of removing pet odors and thoroughly cleaning the home.
Housekeeping and Property Amenities
- An adequate supply of fresh linens and towels along with starter supplies of bath and hand soaps, toiletries, dish-washing liquid, dishwasher detergent, trash bags, toilet paper and paper towels are provided for each rental. Depending upon guest use, additional supplies may need to be purchased during your stay.
- The kitchen is supplied with virtually everything you need to make your vacation comfortable. This includes all major appliances, cookware, dishes, flatware, cooking and serving utensils, coffee maker, can opener, blender and microwave.
- Each rental property (excluding Shadys Barn, Saddle Ridge, and Dancing With The Bears cabins) also has telephones (long-distance calls can only be placed using a calling/credit card or by calling collect). Check individual property descriptions and amenities for details regarding each cabin.
- Fire places are a seasonal amenity which are only available for use from October through March.
- Please review the Great Cabins Cabin Informational Binder provided inside each cabin for further details on the proper use and operation of all hot tubs and major appliances in the cabin.
- Occupants must abide by all hot tub procedures rules and precautions. Hot tubs are inspected immediately after each rental. If any restricted items such as food, soaps or bath products are found in the hot tub you will be charged an excessive cleaning fee of $200. Covers should remain on the hot tub at all times when not in use to prevent failure of the hot tub motor.
- Upon arrival, please report any damages, shortage of supplies or housekeeping issues to the rental office. It is our utmost goal to ensure that every detail of your stay with us is relaxing, satisfying and comfortable.
- An additional Cleaning Fee will be added to each reservation to help offset the cost of cleaning the cabin upon guest departure.
Peace Of Mind Reservation Guarantee (Optional)
- The reservation guarantee is 7% of your total Reservation Charge and enables you to receive a full refund, Less the cost of the guarantee, up to 15 days prior to your arrival date for any of our cabins.Once inside those time periods the reservation guarantee would allow you to reschedule your stay.
Though the deposit guarantee is an optional charge, Great Cabins in the Smokies has a no refund/no reschedule policy without it.
*Rescheduled stays will have 12 months to come and must stay in the original cabin booked.
Personal Property Liability
- Great Cabins in the Smokies, LLC will not be responsible for the loss, damage or theft of any personal items left in the property. If personal items are found after departure we will make every effort to contact the owner and make the necessary arrangements to return them to the owner. There is a fee for providing this service when items are left behind. See Check-In Paperwork for fees and process.
- Upon arrival, please report any damages or problems with the rental property to the rental office as soon as possible. We make every effort to ensure that the properties and equipment are consistently maintained and in good working order. However, problems and failures do inevitably occur on occasion.
- In those situations we will do everything in our power to repair, replace or rectify the situation in a timely manner. Our maintenance staff is on call 24/7, as needed to attend to these problems and situations. In the event of equipment, electronics, appliance failure or failures due to any ‘Act of God’ event, we cannot provide any refund of rental fees.
- After hours emergency telephone numbers are available in the welcome package. THESE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE FOR MAJOR EMERGENCIES ONLY, PLEASE. (Heat is not working, smell of gas, no water, etc.) All other maintenance issues should be called in during normal business hours. (These would include problems with the television, gas fireplace, hot tub, etc.)
Right to Change Rental Assignment
- Occasionally, cabin properties are sold and property management transferred. While we will do everything we can to honor all existing reservations for that property, we may have to transfer a reservation to another, similar rental property. In these instances we will make every effort to provide new accommodations equivalent to or better than the original reserved property.