5 Fun, Free Summer Activities in the Smokies | Great Cabins in the Smokies
Are you looking to plan a family vacation to the Smokies on a budget? Here are five fun, free summer activities the whole family will love!
1. Hiking With more than 800 miles of marked trails, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers a hiking trail to meet everyone’s needs- from the most experienced hiker to those on their very first hike. With a variety of trails, you can select hikes with vast scenic views, old-growth forests, waterfalls, or beautiful wildflowers. Trails also vary in difficulty, from challenging, long trails to short, paved hikes.
2. Walk the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg “strips” Unique shops line the main streets of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and it doesn’t cost a thing to look! Public parking is available in both towns, so plan a fun afternoon to park the car and walk along the main streets, or “strips”, of both towns and enjoy some time window shopping.
3. Drive around Cade’s Cove loop For those who desire a peek into the past history of the Smokies, driving the Cades Cove loop is a perfect solution! The 11 mile one-way loop offers guests a look into the past. You can park you car and walk through the old cemetery, churches, and buildings, or look for wildlife. Don’t forget to take time to enjoy the views of the area!
4. Picnic and play in the parks Metcalf Bottoms, Mynatt Park, Veteran’s Memorial Park, and Mills Park are just a few of the free, famly-friendly, public parks in the area offering fields, rivers, and picnic pavilions to visitors. Pack a lunch and enjoy some relaxing time outside wiht your family.
5. Relax and enjoy free time in your cabin! Between game rooms, pool tables, hot tubs, large screen TV’s, board games, large kitchens, great views or wooded privacy, our cabins offer a wide variety of entertainment options. Each of our cabins has unique amenities, so to find the perfect cabin for your vacation needs, call our office and speak with a reservationist today! We will help you book the cabin of your dreams!